A LITTLE boy has died after apparently being strangled by cords from curtains next to his cot.

Port Stephens detectives are investigating the horrific death of the 19-month-old boy inside his family’s Mallubula home on Thursday afternoon.

Emergency services rushed to the Essendene Garden home about 2.30pm after the boy’s mother raised the alarm.

The Hunter Westpac rescue helicopter was called and flew the critically injured boy and his mother to John Hunter Children’s Hospital.

Paramedics continued to work on the boy during the flight but he was pronounced deceased at the hospital.

A crime scene was established as forensic police worked to gather evidence for a report to the coroner.

Early indications are that the boy had become entangled in cords from vertical blinds and choked.

Newcastle Herald

This story can be found at http://www.theherald.com.au/story/1723859/baby-boy-dies-strangled-by-curtain-cord/?cs=305

Published: Aug. 22, 2013, 6 p.m.

You must be logged in to post a comment.