If you have questions relating to this policy, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- •PropertySafe.com.au is a public website providing information on PropertySafe, Maintenance Manager and associated products and services and has a facility for ordering PropertySafe safety hazard inspections.
- •Maintenance Manager is a property maintenance management service available only to business users of the PropertySafe Risk Management system and Maintenance Manager property maintenance system. It is provided via a private website.
What is Personal Information?
Personal Information is any information about you that identifies you or information by which your identity can be reasonably identified.
PropertySafe does not collect without permission or use information that can be considered “sensitive information” under either Act.
We may collect information via social media, access to our website and apps, from our partners and suppliers, public sources, private vendors, job applicants and data suppliers.
How and what Personal Information is collected?
PropertySafe collects Personal Information by phone, fax, email, and through its apps and websites when users submit enquiries to PropertySafe or purchase PropertySafe’s products or services.
PropertySafe also collects Personal Information from third parties (including from real estate agents).
Users of PropertySafe’s services may remain anonymous when submitting queries on behalf of a business.
If you submit a query or order a service from PropertySafe in your own name, we collect Personal Information about you, including:
- •your name, address, email address, and telephone number;
- •the addresses of properties you own or manage;
- •if you purchase services from us, your credit card or other payment details;
- •details about the device you use to access or obtain our services, including:
- •your IP address;
- •the operating system you use;
- •your internet browser software;
- •the domain name of your internet service provider;
- • queries you have submitted, services you have obtained from us, and details of how you use our website and applications; and
- • details of your communication with PropertySafe through the PropertySafe website or through one of PropertySafe’s apps or services.
We use common internet technologies including cookies to optimise our web pages.
Maintenance Manager is not available to individuals and PropertySafe does not collect Personal Information about users of this service.
How do we use your Personal Information?
PropertySafe uses information it collects to provide its services, and in some cases information we collect is transferred overseas to be stored on secure servers. PropertySafe uses information it collects:
- •to identify and authenticate its users;
- •to protect PropertySafe and its customers or users;
- •to provide your information to other PropertySafe users, including property owners, tenants, or service providers, for facilitating, safety inspections, notification of safety hazards, notification of maintenance issues, or delivery of maintenance services;
- •for research purposes, or to improve upon and expand PropertySafe’s services;
- •to contact you about alerts, changes, or improvements to our services;
- •for marketing and market research purposes;
- •to provide anonymised data or de-identified data or non-identifiable property images to third parties;
- •to allow content on our website or in our apps (including advertisements) to be targeted to you;
- •to ensure PropertySafe receives payments of its fees;
- •to protect and enforce PropertySafe’s rights (for example, to notify you of a breach of PropertySafe’s Terms and Conditions, or of your infringement of PropertySafe’s legal rights);
- •as required by law, order of a court, tribunal or regulator or if PropertySafe reasonably believes that the use or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary for enforcement related activities;
Accuracy of information
Where we obtain information from third parties, the accuracy and currency of that information is managed by the third party supplying the information.
You have the right to request and to request correction of Personal Information we hold about you. If you provide Personal Information to PropertySafe and your details change, it is your responsibility to update your account with those changes, so that PropertySafe can keep its records complete, accurate and up to date.
PropertySafe does not use the information provided by third parties to market to or deal directly with these owners and tenants.
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about offering and services that we consider may be of interest to you. These communications may be sent in various forms, including email, post or SMS, in accordance with applicable laws, such as the Spam Act 2004 (Cth)
In addition, at any time, you may opt out of receiving marketing communications from us by using the unsubscribe option in emails from us, or by contacting us on the following email email@example.com
Security of Information
Only authorised PropertySafe staff have access to the information provided by our users. PropertySafe takes steps to ensure that Personal Information it holds is secure from unauthorised access, modification, disclosure, misuse, interference, and loss. This includes:
- •using a 2048-bit encryption key to protect customer web connections to PropertySafe’s servers;
- •role-based access control for PropertySafe users;
- •encryption of passwords for database storage;
- •intelligent firewall protection; and
- •physical security measures, including geographic distribution of server infrastructure in secure, purpose-built and professionally managed data centres, with multiple redundant connections and backup power supplies.
Provided you keep your username and password secure, any data provided to through PropertySafe’s websites or applications is secure from unauthorised access.
PropertySafe stores its information on servers provided by third party providers. Our supplier’s servers have a 99.9% uptime service level guarantee. If any maintenance downtime is scheduled, PropertySafe will notify its users in advance.
As part of its services, PropertySafe facilitates property inspections and reporting. PropertySafe may be provided with photographs of properties taken during property inspections, or used in property reports.
PropertySafe provides inspection images to the property owner, the managing agent, and trade suppliers engaged to provide maintenance and repairs on the property. PropertySafe will not publicise or disclose property images to any other person or organization, other than in accordance with this Policy.
PropertySafe’s inspection procedure aims to avoid whenever possible, the taking of photographs that show objects that could identify individuals. This procedure may require photographs to be taken from imperfect or partly obscured angles. Nonetheless, there may be rare incidences where photographs inadvertently include objects that may identify persons.
If at any time you discover an incidence of such objects within a photograph and inform us, we will remove the offending object immediately and re-issue the report.
Complaints and Enquiries
Please refer to our Complaints Resolution Policy